The minute I saw this chicken on Smells Like Home, I starred it for a later date. Not only is it a Bobby Flay recipe, but it looked healthy too!
I have to say, this was the best chicken recipe I’ve ever made to date. It was so flavorful and the spice wasn’t too over-powering for me. It was also simple and basically like BBQ-ing on a grill. Since we were out of propane for our grill, I made this inside on the cast iron grill. I served it with Green Bean Casserole and some garlic bread. Perfection!
Chipotle-Honey Glazed Chicken
Source: Bobby Flay via Smells Like Home
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp pureed canned chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp ancho chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2″ thickness
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- Heat your grill to high.
- Whisk together the honey, chipotle puree, mustard, 1 tbsp ancho powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp oil in a small bowl. I just threw it all in the food processor to blend it well.
- Stir together the remaining ancho powder with the coriander, cumin, and paprika in another medium bowl. Add the chicken breasts, the remaining oil, and toss to coat. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the chicken on the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes. Flip the chicken and brush the pieces with the honey-chipotle sauce. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Flip the chicken again and brush the other side with the sauce; cook for 1 more minute. Flip once more and cook for another minute. Remove chicken from the grill and brush on more sauce as desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, cilantro, and chives before serving.